The course is open to university students, educators, and other professionals interested in cognitive strategies in STEM teaching and learning.
- Introduction to the theory of Structural Cognitive Modifiability
- Introduction to the Theory of Mediated Learning Experience
- Challenges of teaching STEM subjects
- Goals of “Categorical thinking” program
- The principles of “bridging” from cognitive strategies to STEM teaching/learning
- Comprehensive instruction in the use of the cognitive instruments Comparisons, Categorization, and Syllogisms.
- Preparation and presentation of exercises that bridge cognitive strategies to STEM subjects
Course participants will receive a set of 3 cognitive instruments Comparisons, Categorization, and Syllogisms.
Course participants will be awarded a Certificate of Feuerstein Instrumental Enrichment – STEM Mediator for “Categorical Thinking.”
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
The Feuerstein Institute reserves the right to cancel any courses which fail to meet the minimum participation requirement. Fees for courses cancelled by the Institute will be refunded in full. In cases where the participants cancel, there is a €100 processing charge for reimbursement of workshop fees for cancellations made before the registration deadline. There are no refunds for cancellations after the registration deadline.