FIE Standard 1 of 3
FIE Standard 1 of 3 is open to university students, educators, clinicians, professionals, and parents interested in cognitive intervention.
Course participants will receive a set of 4 FIE instruments and a manual for key FIE-1 (of 3) instrument Organization of Dots.
- Introduction to the theory of Structural Cognitive Modifiability
- Introduction to the Theory of Mediated Learning Experience
- Analysis of deficient cognitive functions in regular and special needs populations
- Criteria and principles of mediation
- Goal and sub-goals of the clinical and educational application of the FIE program
- FIE Lesson planning and preparation of “bridging” exercises
- Comprehensive instruction in the use of the following IE instruments: Organization of Dots, Comparisons, Analytic Perception, and Orientation in Space-I
Mastery of FIE theory and instruments is evaluated by means of a questionnaire presented to the course participants on the last day of the course.
Course participants will be awarded a Certificate of Feuerstein Instrumental Enrichment Mediator 1 (of 2) upon successful completion of the entire course requirements. The certificate is valid for four years from its issue date and is renewed subject to the Continuous Professional Development (CPD) conditions: a. Submittal of a verification form of FIE implementation to Feuerstein Institute reflecting at least 30 hours of work with IE-1 (of 3) instruments; b. Participation in annual lectures using e-learning, including successful completion of a questionnaire about the material presented in the lectures.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
The Feuerstein Institute reserves the right to cancel any courses which fail to meet the minimum participation requirement. Fees for courses cancelled by the Institute will be refunded in full. In cases where the participants cancel, there is a €100 processing charge for reimbursement of workshop fees for cancellations made before the registration deadline. There are no refunds for cancellations after the registration deadline.