LPAD for Secondary School Age Students
In this course, participants will learn the LPAD Secondary Standard Instruments, appropriate for assessing children ages 12+.
The LPAD course is intended for clinical, educational, or vocational specialists authorized to function as assessors in their country. Candidates for participation in the LPAD course should check the correspondence of their scope of practice to the national (or regional) licensing requirements.
The course is comprised of two parts:
- Part 1: Theory and instruments
- Part 2: Practical Assessment
Part 1 of the course will include live instruction in Feuerstein’s theories and tools. Part 2 is an individual practicum, in which the participants will need to conduct two assessments using the tools and write the accompanying reports. These materials will be submitted to the instructor for evaluation, and feedback. If necessary, the instructor may request the revision of the reports and will then examine the final version.
- Theory of Structural Cognitive Modifiability
- Criteria of Mediated Learning Experience
- “Normative” and deficient cognitive functions
- Difference between static and dynamic assessment
- Techniques of dynamic cognitive assessment
- Study and practice with LPAD instruments: Complex Figure, Raven Standard Matrices, Variations 2, Positional Learning, Lahi, 16 words memory test, Numerical Progressions for Secondary School, Organizer for Secondary School, Representational Stencil Design.
- Distance of mediation
- Profiles of modifiability
- Principles of LPAD Secondary report writing
- Practical assessment of students
Course participants will receive a digital LPAD for Secondary Age Plus assessment manual, a set of (reusable) LPAD tasks and recording forms, and an LPAD Diagrams booklet. Materials do not include the Raven Colored or Standard Matrices.
Upon completion of the course and submission of the LPAD report, graduates will receive a Certificate of LPAD Assessor for Secondary School Age Plus. The certificate is valid for four years from its issue date and is renewed subject to the Continuous Professional Development (CPD) conditions: Submittal of 6 LPAD Secondary Age Plus reports.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
The Feuerstein Institute reserves the right to cancel any courses which fail to meet the minimum participation requirement. Fees for courses cancelled by the Institute will be refunded in full. In cases where the participants cancel, there is a €100 processing charge for reimbursement of workshop fees for cancellations made before the registration deadline. There are no refunds for cancellations after the registration deadline.