The course is open to university students, educators, and other professionals interested in cognitive strategies in STEM teaching and learning.
Ben Hur, M. – Cognitive Enrichment: An Imperative.
- Introduction to the theory of Structural Cognitive Modifiability;
- Introduction to the Theory of Mediated Learning Experience;
- Challenges of teaching STEM subjects;
- Goals of Spatial-Visual Thinking program;
- The principles of bridging from cognitive strategies to STEM teaching/learning;
- Comprehensive instruction in the use of the cognitive instruments Organization of Dots, Orientation in Space-1, Analytic Perception and Representational Stencil Design
- Preparation and presentation of exercises that “bridge” cognitive strategies to STEM subjects.
- Course participants will receive a set of 4 cognitive instruments “Organization of Dots”, “Orientation in Space-1”, “Analytic Perception”, and “Representational Stencil Design”
Course participants will be awarded a Certificate of Feuerstein Instrumental Enrichment – STEM Mediator for “Spatial-Visual Thinking”
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
The Feuerstein Institute reserves the right to cancel any courses which fail to meet the minimum participation requirement. Fees for courses cancelled by the Institute will be refunded in full.
In cases where the participants cancel, there is a €100 processing charge for reimbursement of workshop fees for cancellations made before the registration deadline. There are no refunds for cancellations after the registration deadline.