FIE Basic 1
The course is open to educators, clinicians, professionals, students, and parents working with younger children, or individuals with a lower level of function.
Course participants will receive a set of FIE Basic-1 instruments, a Teaching Diagrams booklet, and the FIE Basic User’s Guide
- Theories of development
- Introduction to the theory of mediated learning experience
- Analysis of emergent cognitive functions in regular and special needs populations
- Criteria and principles of mediation
- Goal and sub-goals of the clinical and educational application of the FIE Basic program
- FIE Basic Lesson planning and preparation of “bridging” exercises
- Comprehensive instruction in the use of the following FIE Basic instruments: “Organization of Dots”, “From Unit to Group“, “Orientation in Space“, “Detecting the Absurd“, “Identifying Emotions“
The mastery of FIE Basic theory and instruments is evaluated by means of a questionnaire presented to the course participants on the last day of the course.
Course participants will be awarded a Certificate of Instrumental Enrichment Basic Mediator 1 upon successful completion of the entire course requirements. The certificate is valid for four years from its issue date and is renewed subject to the Continuous Professional Development (CPD) conditions: a. Submission of a verification form of FIE Basic implementation to Feuerstein Institute reflecting at least 30 hours of work with FIE Basic-1 instruments; b. Participation in annual lectures using e-learning, including successful completion of a questionnaire about the material presented in the lectures.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
The Feuerstein Institute reserves the right to cancel any courses which fail to meet the minimum participation requirement. Fees for courses cancelled by the Institute will be refunded in full. In cases where the participants cancel, there is a €100 processing charge for reimbursement of workshop fees for cancellations made before the registration deadline. There are no refunds for cancellations after the registration deadline.