The objective of this course is to introduce educators, psychologists, clinical professionals, and parents to a new multi-sensory approach (Touch-Motion-Sound) in Instrumental Enrichment tactile programs and demonstrate the advantages of the kinesthetic and tactile modality of mediation in the treatment of ADD-ADHD.
The course participants are expected to have acquaintance with IE Standard programs. Applicants are encouraged to read in advance the theoretical material and Feuerstein, R. et al. (2006) Creating and enhancing cognitive modifiability. Jerusalem: ICELP Press, available to order through the Feuerstein Publishing House.
- Multi-sensory approach (Touch-Motion-Sound) in IE tactile programs.
- Advantages of the kinesthetic and tactile modality of mediation.
- Demonstration of tactile exploration as a tool for focusing, organizing, and ordering the explorative process in ADHD and visually impaired learners.
- Tactile IE as a new tool for articulating active explorative behavior in children with motivational problems;
- Tactile IE symbolic representation as a tool for advancing mental imagery and conceptualization
- Cognitive and motivational aspects of learning processes in children and adults with ADHD and visual problems
- Assessment of cognitive modifiability using tactile tasks;
- Comprehensive instruction in the use of the following IE Tactile Instruments: “Fruits,” “Facial expressions,” “Orientation in Space,” “Comparisons,” “Analytic Perception,” “Illustrations,” “Transportation,” and “Animals.”
The mastery of IE Tactile theory and instruments is evaluated by means of a questionnaire presented to the course participants on the last day of the course.
Course participants should order a set of Tactile instruments from the Feuerstein Publishing House and bring their copies of IE Standard instruments: “Orientation in Space,” “Comparisons,” and “Analytic Perception.” They will receive a Tactile IE User’s Guide.
Course participants will be awarded a Certificate of Instrumental Enrichment Tactile Mediator upon completing the course requirements. The certificate is valid for four years from its issue date. It is renewed subject to the Continuous Professional Development (CPD) conditions: a. Submittal of a verification form of IE implementation to Feuerstein Institute reflecting at least 30 hours of work with Tactile IE instruments; b. Participation in annual lectures using e-learning, including successful completion of a questionnaire about the material presented, participation in annual “live” CPD seminars organized by local Authorized Training Centers, or attendance of additional IE or LPAD courses.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
The Feuerstein Institute reserves the right to cancel any courses which fail to meet the minimum participation requirement. Fees for courses cancelled by the Institute will be refunded in full. In cases where the participants cancel, there is a €100 processing charge for reimbursement of workshop fees for cancellations made before the registration deadline. There are no refunds for cancellations after the registration deadline.